Tuesday 17 March 2015

26 days to go: Track my progress LIVE with photos!

Feeling real techy today. I discovered this cool combination of two iphone apps which will allow you all to follow my journey in real-time! The ViewRanger app will map my progress as I go, while the Social Hiker app connects my brand new instagram account (...or twitter, flickr etc) to the map locations, placing photos on the map in real-time! That is, as long as I have cellular data.

Now, I probably won't keep this on 24/7 because it will drain my phone battery like crazy, but I will make sure to have it send a daily beacon with photo ... whenever I have service of course.

Take a look below for a sample of what this looks like :)

I will create a dedicated map page once I start the hike so you'll be able to follow along

No comments:

Post a Comment