Sunday 16 August 2015

Day 110: Zero in Bozeman

Mileage: Zero!

I slept in until 8:30 and took a long, hot shower. I went to the gas station to resupply since I just needed a day or two and also picked up two breakfast sandwiches. I talked to Laura for a bit and tried to help her get over making a tiny mistake or two while guiding her trip across country and then I scheduled my massage.


My feet ached and I was long overdue. Unfortunately, everything was either closed or booked, including the place I eventually got into - I told them I was walking from Mexico and that eventually got them to squeeze me in.

Before my massage I went to a coffee shop and caught up on my blogging and had a wonderful cappuccino. I talked to my mom and then Laura some more and then headed over for the massage.


It was absolutely wonderful. My massage therapist was young, but very good. She really focused on my legs and feet, which was something new for me. I'd never specifically asked for this until now and the foot and calf massage were especially amazing. She told me, "Yeah, not many people can withstand an elbow to the calf, but your muscles are like taut ropes." We both wished we had two hours to work out all the knots, but she did stretch my hour to more like 80 minutes so I was extremely grateful for that. 

Afterwards, they gave me a pass to the adjoining fitness club and I went and ran 20 miles just to stay in shape. Haha, just kidding. I actually went to the dry sauna and just tried to sweat out some toxins, while I rehydrated. Then I met up with the friend of a friend who was putting me up for the night. She informed me we were seeing the new Mission Impossible movie and I was pumped. I was enthralled by the big screen and comfy seats, as well as the non-stop action. After the movie we got a Safeway pizza and split it before bed with a pint of Ben and Jerry's and a beer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment