Saturday 11 April 2015

1 day to go: Just pretend you can't see the RV

Well, it really was a pretty nice campsite if you take a picture from just the right angle and pretend you can't see the RV in the background.


From another perspective you could also say we just camped in a trailer park.


...so, my first night camping wasn't exactly how I imagined but it was a heck of a lot cheaper than a motel and even had free donuts. Last night I had good time meeting a bunch of other hikers, having some beers, and listening to music at the opening kickoff event. 

I camped at the RV park with fellow hikers Restless, Karma, Radar, Peru, and a few others. This morning we woke up to cantaloupe and donuts, so we were pretty happy.


We went to some trail day events today, including a seminar on GPS navigation, but my favorite part was probably meeting the miniature donkey!


I'm planning on heading out early tomorrow morning towards the border and Crazy Cook monument where I'll start out, woohoo!

Ps this is the crew with Smokey the Bear, also a highlight.


No comments:

Post a Comment