Wednesday 1 April 2015

12 days to go: Zpacks tent good to go!!

Well, I've had a couple tries but my new tent is really pitching well now that I got longer guy lines (...the dude I bought it from made them too short originally)! It's a Zpacks Hexamid Solo-Plus tent, which will be like a palace when I'm hiking solo and just a wee bit cramped (read: very tight) when I'm hiking with a friend.

It's made of cuben fiber, a super lightweight material that is also used to make sails on boats. The tent weighs an incredibly light 18 oz including the tarp, groundsheet, and stakes. Very excited to sleep in this thing for 5 months!!

Pics from setting up in the front yard...notice the small hole in the netting which I made while being a bonehead...all fixed now though!





No comments:

Post a Comment