Friday 10 April 2015

2 days to go: Headed to New Mexico

So here we go! I was off this morning at 4am to catch my flight to Phoenix (thanks Laura!) and then on to El Paso, TX. From there, I'll take a Greyhound to Lordsburg, NM where I'll attempt to pick up my sharp and flammable items at the post office. I had to mail these ahead for obvious TSA reasons. From Lordsburg, it's a short hitch up to Silver City for the Continental Divide Trail Coalition (CDTC) kickoff party (event details here if you're curious)!


At the kickoff there will some neat seminars on long distance hiking, and plenty of food and drink! There should also be a bunch of other hopeful CDT hikers and supporters from around the area. It should be a good chance to meet some other folks and maybe even join a group to start down at the border!

No comments:

Post a Comment