Monday 20 July 2015

Day 89: Zero in Rawlins

Mileage: Zero

I slept in and bought new shoes at Shopko. My feet had been killing me even with the new insoles and I didn't think I'd last the 115 miles to South Pass City. Like trying on insoles, it was impossible to tell which shoes were going to work for me over the long haul. I'd have to walk at least 100 miles before I'd really know if they were working or not. I ate breakfast at Penny's Diner. They didn't have sausage or milk, and I thought "what kinda diner is that?" Maybe just one in a small town during high season, I guess.


I mostly sat in the hotel bed, soaked my feet, talked to Laura, and watched TV. Not a super exciting day.

On the way to Pizza Hut to grab dinner my phone fell out of my down pocket and the front of the screen cracked. I felt like such an idiot, but I'd taken the phone out of the Lifeproof case so I had better Wifi signal at that hotel. 


To add insult to injury, on my way back I got a text from Laura and her schedule got flipped around so we'd no longer be seeing each other in a week - we perhaps wouldn't get to see each other the rest of the summer. That hit us both pretty hard.

What an end to a great day. Well, it was good in some aspects - a much needed rest, but I was ready to get back on the trail. Tomorrow, I'd do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment